13 Aug 2008

And so it begins...

Hello and welcome to the first post of my non-awaited, fairly piss-poor blog entitled The Dead Pixel Post.

Let's get started by avoiding all the faff of explaining who I am and what I've done with the meagre twenty-four years of my life because that's always fairly tedious and hateful and you're more likely to get a better idea of that as you read through the blog anyway. I will, however, tell you that the blog is mainly going to focus around the subject of PC gaming and will include reviews, articles and opinions on that subject. Also, due to the fact that there's quite a lot of other stuff going on in the world besides PC gaming -or so I've heard- I will at times digress into rambles regarding other matters of varying degrees of importance. Apparently this is an extremely suitable platform for that sort of thing, so I'll stick with it.

August is an ideal month to start a gaming blog as it's the time of year when the industry is rapidly turning the volume up on their bile-spewing, shit-swilling hype-machines and we can all gaze into their eyes, entranced, before release dates come round, fingers are clicked and all our dreams lie broken before we even realise we had any in the first place.

Over the course of the next few months I'll be posting my concerns and excitement regarding the various states of upcoming games. What looks great and what games are making it hard to hold faith in the platform. PC gaming will of course prosper, but the question is - will I make it through another year of blunt disappointment?

To find out, read on...

Long live the Dead Pixel!

1 comment:

Nick said...

I'm looking forward to this :)